- Be responsible for facilitation of inter-cultural communication through translation work.
- Become fully acquainted with the company’s work procedures and operational skills.
- Become fully acquainted with the company’s products, production, quality system and obtain other relevant knowledge.
- Apply the knowledge and turn it into skills.
- Translate written material to or from Serbian, English and Chinese, creating and formatting a new text in the target language that reproduces the content and style of the original.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials to accurately reflect target language.
- Accompany leaders to attend various meetings, ceremonies, etc. and perform quality translation work.
- Be responsible for the compilation of the summaries of leaders’ meetings, and follow up and implement the conclusions.
- Facilitate communication for people with limited language proficiency.
- Accurately translate and interpret both legal, economic, scientific, technology terminology and colloquial language.
- Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Maintain the compilation of terminology and information to be used in translations, including specific terms such as those for industrial, technical, legal or other material.
- Offer high quality service to all department managers, which may include being a contact person inter departments and managing communication for a Department.
- Read relevant media news reports on a daily basis, report in writing to the leaders about the information concerning the company and properly file it.
- Conduct other arrangements, coordination and supportive work for leaders’ other administrative duties.
- Extend knowledge about various insights concerning the company and the PDCA management method, elevate personal standards.
3. Reporting Responsibilities:
This position reports to Departmental Manager
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
6. Education and/or Experience, Certificates:
- diploma, BA or MA in foreign language / translation
- diploma in technical translation
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience
- Some time spent abroad engaged in direct contact with a foreign culture.
- Specialized training is required. Formal programs in translation and interpretation at colleges abroad or in country.
7. Other Skills and Abilities:
- Set up excellent professional ethics, strengthen sense of responsibility, and earnestly approach all translation tasks.
- Protect information confidentiality.
- Accurately, quickly, and clearly render spoken information.
- Be enthusiastic about work, actively learn, be fond of company’s people, job, and items.
- Safeguard the image of the company, do not take part in activities that violate the law, and make a great effort to put to practice company’s management concepts.
- Clearly distinguish between good and bad, abide by the philosophy of four social bonds: propriety, righteousness, honesty and sense of shame.
- Speak, read, and write fluently in at least two languages, including Chinese and English and one or more others
- Excellent analytical abilities, writing and editing skills.
(Some of the following skills and abilities may be acquired through additional training, but the employee must be able to demonstrate the capacity to obtain these requirements before being placed in this position)